Saturday, August 19, 2006

1st Post


I'm completely crazy for coming up with this blog. But, I am postive there are people out there like me. I love to look at other peoples houses! I'm the person who goes to real estate open houses just to look at the inside. I love to watch DIY shows, and browse for paint, flooring, and furniture, even though I don't plan on purchasing, or have a renovation in mind. Recently I read a book set in Hong Kong, which made me wonder...What does the inside of an average apartment in Hong Kong look like? So I found a real estate web site in Hong Kong called Hong Kong Homes that let's me peek! Now I wonder what else is out there? I want to peek inside every home on the planet! I want to see if people in one area prefer bolder wall paint, then in another area. Please tell me I'm not alone! So here's the blog! Email photos/or post if you have a recent new home purchase, or you've redecorated your home, dorm room, garden, whatever! Brag if you've found a great paint color, or window treatment.
I recently redecorated my daughters bedroom. We found a great shade of blue similar to a capri blue at Home Depot. I attached fabric to one wall in Alexander Henry's Fashionista print. I'd post a picture, but that requires her to pick up her room! I then painted the spare room in Olympic's Belgian Waffle from Lowe's I plan on using this color for the rest of the house's main rooms. Lovely color, really magical how it can brighten up even the darkest rooms! I'm currently checking out paint for the girls bathrooms at Sherwin Williams. I can't seem to decide between Haute Pink, or Party Time. Anyone have really great ideas or photos of girly bathrooms?